Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Maldives part 2

Photobucket

Carrying on with day 3 of my holiday at Maldives..

We went diving!! The twins has a diving certificate but i don't. So the pricing of a dive for me was completely different from the twin's. Having a cert is definitely way cheaper! Haha. I had to pay like USD145 in total for 1 dive, rental of diving equipments & a 1hr theory lesson. The theory lesson was pretty interesting & i got to learn the basics of diving. 

The diving centre has about 7 instructors who speak almost all kinds of languages! & The instructors were v helpful & polite. On my 1st dive, within the first 10mins i got a pounding headache. The pressure was too much & the more oxygen i breathed in from the tank, it just got worse. Despite my bad headache, seeing the beautiful sea creatures & huge corals underneath the sea was ah-ma-zing! The water was so clear with sun rays shining through. I even saw a shark! Tt was def the highlight of my diving experience! 

As for the twins, they had 2 dives. The 1st was for them to recee the area & to familiarize themselves with the place. Their 2nd dive was a open water dive where they took a boat out to dive deeper. Their 2nd dive was much better as i was told. They got to see many more sea creatures. 

Our 3rd day was filled with diving & snorkeling. 

Photobucket
My instructor giving me a theory lesson on the basics of diving.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The twins.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The twins & i did not dive tgth as they were more experienced then i was. They were in the advanced group. I had an instructor guiding me. We met along the way & quickly snapped a photo. 

Once i was done with my dive, i went straight to the toilet to puke! I cldnt take it. I was taught certain hand signs to do underwater & one of which was the "i am not feeling well" hand sign. I had no choice i rly felt like crap. I didn't get to see everything, sadly.

Photobucket
After i napped for awhile & got better, my mum brought me to the restaurant to hv lunch while the twins were on their 2nd dive.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mum & i walked ard the resort to take photos aft our lunch.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dinner at the restaurant was not bad.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
New friends we made & played volleyball w almost everyday while we were there.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The beautiful stars tt lit up the sky. So happy w this shot i took. Camped outside my resort aft dinner, armed w my tripod stand & sat in front of my cammy, waiting for it to snap a pic of the stars.

I will be back with the rest of the updates! Maldives is def a MUST-GO location. Trust me, u'll have a ball of a time! (:

No comments: